spoon

Your new favorite Potato Salad

Category: , , , ,

Sorry it's been longer than I anticipated for this blog post. I've had some issues with my gall bladder which put me on bed-rest for most of the weekend (more info to follow later). I had plans to blog about egg recipes, but instead I'll just give you my favorite one.

My Aunt Pam makes this great potato salad that every raves over. The secret is in the potato - you bake it instead of boil it. Baking the potato helps keep the shape better and has a texture that keeps its flavor instead of turning to mush. It's not a recipe to use for "dieting", but is perfect for a church barbecue or family party. I know I'm suppose to be posting "healthier" versions, but this is one that shouldn't be altered. Instead - use it only for special occasions.

4 cups red potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
1 cup Mayo
4 slices of crisp bacon
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/4 c. sliced green onions
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Put potatoes on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with oil. Cook for 30-35 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add potatoes. Serve warm or cold. Serves 6

It is recommended that you serve this salad on the same day it is prepared since it doesn't keep well overnight.

314 cal., 20g fat, 25.9g carb., 8.9g pro

P.S. I find it easiest to get the pre-cooked bacon. Costco sells a bag of bacon pieces for a very good price. But I should probably quit buying it :)

Comments (0)

Post a Comment